sábado, 21 de marzo de 2020

Speaking with Genially


I think that this is a good example of what can be done with the help of technological resources, This is a project I did last year with my first of bachillerato class. You have to click on the numbers to follow the process we underwent, but I also explain it below:
1. Reading about what gender is.
2.We made a brainstorming with Mentimeter, a very interactive and easy-to-use tool, about how gender affected our lives. We, as a class,  decided it was important and we compromised to make what gender was known to the students in our high school. We chose a 3rd ESO class.
3. Outline of the project with Genially.
4. I gave them a handout to organise the activity they were going to present to the other class (Genially).
5. Preparation of the activities (2 classes)
6. Before presenting the activity to the other class, they rehearsed in front of their mates. They had to fill in a form on what assessment or feedback was to be given back and how (located in Scribd)
7. Making the final preparations, after their mates' assessments, they make the necessary changes and...
Camera. Actual presentations, I do not have permission to show openly the videos, but I can assure you, they did a great job.
Last, but not less important, you can see the rubric by clicking on Evaluation.
With this activity, they learnt a lot of English, they learnt a lot about teaching, they also learnt a lot about helping in the community... They loved the experience. Regarding to possible changes, I would give them one more session, I could not, because I had to evaluate them, but they were a bit hurried.

This is a big project, but this year I started a much more humble and simple one. Every day one or two of my students present a small talk of 1 or 2 minutes of different topics from a list I make them choose from about British and American culture, though they have one joker if they want to present something of their own, In this second term I told them they had to use a digital visual support, they can choose whatever one they want, so far, they used PowerPoint, Genially and the tool for presentations that Guadalinex has.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario