sábado, 21 de marzo de 2020

Activity with a timeline


This is the activity I had thought about doing with my class. It has been a long time that I have not studied specific methodology for reading or any other skill, I have been Head of Studies of my high school and I did not have much time, but now that my familiar situation has changed and I have more time, I was very happy to take this course. I had no idea about intensive and extensive reading; it has been eye-opening for me. 

My students usually have to read a compulsory book, all of them the same. Now, I think this is a mistake. Since this year we still have this one you can see in the timeline, which has been created with Canva, a great tool, called Tales of the Macabre. I have worked a lot with Picktochart some time ago and I tried TimeToast, but for me is too oldish, not too intuitive and more difficult for me than Canva or Genially.

I have decided to create this timeline with the steps of the activity they have to do so that they are also provided with an example. I will show them the three tools that I have managed at a point or another so that they can decide which one they prefer and we will have a variety of students using different tools, which will build up their confidence and their digital competence. Also, it promotes their improvement in the comprehension of the texts they read because they have to work in their brains with the information they are getting.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario